How to maintain your car's headlights
Check the lenses:Over time, headlight lenses tend to become cloudy and dirty. As a result, the cloudiness could diffuse the beams, making it harder to see and be seen while driving in Charlotte.
Replace your headlights in pairs: Over time, headlights dim, so it's best to replace them in pairs-even if only one burns out. A light that is brighter than the other can also interfere with vision because it creates an uneven field of vision. Oncoming drivers can be distracted as well.
Headlight alignment!:Make sure the beams are aimed correctly. They can cause blind spots for other drivers if they are too high or too low. It's the last thing you should do, because it can lead to car accidents and the headache of dealing with them.
How to replace a headlight
If you have the right tools, changing a headlight is pretty straightforward. Always keep rubbing alcohol or wipes, a screwdriver, and safety glasses on hand. Check your Charlotte Toyota's owner's manual to see which bulbs are compatible with your vehicle.
- Start your car and open the hood
- The power connector and dust cover are located on the back of the headlight.
- In some cars, a clip holds the bulb in place; press it down to release it
- Do not pull the bulb from the glass - it may break if you do.
- Make sure the new bulb is fresh and clean by wiping it with rubbing alcohol or wipes
- before reinstalling it.
- Replace the power connector, dust cover, and clip as well.
- Turn on the headlights to verify that the bulb is working.
- And voila! You have replaced your headlights. Well done!